- Circuit Protection
- Temperature Sensors
- Thermal Cut-Outs
- Thermal Fuses
Miniature Medical Temperature Sensors
Fast. Accurate. These are just some of the key features that as engineers you will look for in sourcing thermal components for your medical devices. ATC Semitec offer a wide range of thermal components ideal for sensing temperature – whether non-contact, surface or intravenously.
Thermistors, from our innovative suppliers, are already used in brand leading thermometers, catheters and wearable technology, and many emerging healthcare products.
One of our latest innovations is the F-micro miniature thermistor sensor which was developed for use in medical applications e.g. catheters. Utilising smaller and smaller FT thermistors, the F-micro can now be supplied in tubes as small as 0.28mm with a time constant as fast as 20ms. With further innovation, ever smaller sensors will be available for future applications allowing very accurate temperature measurement where it wasn’t previously possible.
Semitec’s JT Ultra-thin thermistor is increasing being used within medical devices, due to its exceptionally fast response times and flexible film technology.
For non-contact applications, the NC temperature sensor utilises the latest FT thermistor technology to sense infrared energy with a high signal strength. In infrared sensing applications where a very fast response to temperature change is required, we manufacture thermopile sensors which have a thermal response of around 15 milliseconds.
Call us today on 01606 871680 to discuss your application’s thermal sensor requirements. Using our extensive technical knowledge and innovative supplier base, we will work with you to provide the optimum solution for your product.
- Semitec F-micro Miniature Temperature Sensors
Using further advances in Semitec’s thin-film thermistor technology, the Fμ temperature sensor has been specifically designed with medical purposes in mind.
Now available in packages as small as 0.3mm (D) x 1.8mm (L) with a Tc≤20ms.
The Fμ temperature sensor can be used in catheters, body temperature monitoring devices or where an extremely small sensor needs to be incorporated with other clinical instruments.
- 2 stock items available:
- Probe size – 0.5mm (D) x 2.3mm (L) Tc≤52ms
- Probe size – 0.3mm (D) x 1.8mm (L) Tc≤20ms
- Fast response time
- Highly accurate ±0.14K at 37°C
- Operating temperature range is -10/+70°C
- Laser Trimming of ladder- electrodes
- Glass encapsulation
Typical Applications include:
- Medical Catheters
- Handheld Medical Devices
- Body Temperature Monitoring
- Guide Wires
- Testing Equipment
- 2 stock items available:
- Semitec JT Ultra-Thin Film NTC Thermistor
Semitec’s JT series of thermistors are ultra-thin flexible film NTCs that give a very fast response to temperature change. Whilst increasingly used within medical device application, it is a versatile thermistor which is used within battery packs, mobile devices and surface/air temperature sensors.
- One of thinnest available worldwide -less than 0.5mm thick.
- Laminated within 2 polymer layers – flexible yet resilient.
- Operating range -50°C/+125°C
- Very fast response times.
- Standard R25 values are 10kohms and 100kohms with lengths of 25mm, 50mm, 75mm and 100mm.
Stock parts include :
103JT-025, 103JT-050, 104JT-025 and 104JT-050.
- Semitec ET-3H Small Bead Epoxy NTCs
The ET-3H thermistor was originally developed for clinical thermometer applications.
With bead sizes of 1.4mm (or less), its fast response and high accuracy make it a universal choice for low-cost, clinical thermometers.
R37 tolerances of ±1% or smaller and matched resistance groups help to minimise unit cost whilst maximising sensor accuracy.
- ATC Semitec SP Interchangeable NTC Thermistors
SP series NTC thermistors offer accuracy as small as ±0.1°C for clinical sensor applications. These interchangeable or R-T curve-matched thermistors guarantee a very high accuracy over a wide temperature range, e.g. 0~70°C and are also available in micro miniature packages such as our ATC Semitec SPMM series.
R25 values vary from 1kohms to 100kohms and can be used from -50°C to +150°C.
- ATC Semitec SPMM Interchangeable Miniature NTC Thermistor
- Extremely small temperature sensor (0.6mm diameter)
- RT curve-matched NTCs
- Operating range -50°C/+100°C
- Size 0.60mm (dia) x 6mm (l) – enables use within medical devices and other multi-sensing applications
- Wide range of resistance values, RT curves and accuracies.
- Thermopiles - Non-Contact Infrared Sensors
Our Semitec 10TP series thermopile is a very fast-acting infrared sensing device suitable for non-contact applications such as clinical ear-drum thermometers.
The Semitec 10TP583T thermopile is the result of silicon micro-machining technology where a series of miniature thermocouple junctions are combined to provide an output EMF based on the received infrared energy.
- Operating temperature range is from -10°C to 100°C