- Circuit Protection
- Temperature Sensors
- Thermal Cut-Outs
- Thermal Fuses
Platinum RTD & Linear PTC Sensors
Why use an Platinum RTD Sensor?
Resistance Temperature Detectors (RTDs) are temperature sensors which contain a resistor that changes resistance value as its temperature changes.
They have been used for many years to measure temperature in laboratory and industrial processes, and have developed a reputation for accuracy, repeat ability, and stability.
In addition, as these are made of platinum they are not affected by corrosion or oxidation, and have higher temperature capabilities.
Typical applications include:
- Industrial electronics
- Automotive electronics
- Air conditioning systems.
At ATC Semitec, we also offer an IP68 rated Platinum sensor, or a range of SKTY sensors which with a steeper linear slope offer improved accuracy.
Call us today on 01606 871680 to discuss your application’s thermal sensor requirements. Using our extensive technical knowledge and innovative supplier base, we will work with you to provide the optimum solution for your product.
- Platinum (Pt100, Pt500, Pt1000) RTD Elements
The ATC Semitec SPT range of thin-film 2-wire platinum sensors are some of the smallest RTD elements available and conform to DIN EN 60751 (IEC 751) standards.
- Based on a 2mm x 2mm x 0.8mm thin ceramic substrate, the Pt100 (or Pt500 or Pt1000) sensor elements are laser-trimmed for high accuracy and then sealed in glass to ensure complete integrity.
- Highly stable and suitable for use up to 500°C (Class B) or 300°C (Class A).
- Cryogenic class B versions suitable for use down to -196°C are also available.
- R0 values of 100ohms, 500ohms and 1000ohms are stock items with Class A and B tolerances.
- 2mm x 10mm long versions are also available where a longer sensing element is desirable.
- ATC Semitec IP68 Waterproof Platinum Sensors
For applications where a high IP rating is required, our ATC Semitec IP68 Pt100 (or Pt500/Pt1000) sensors ensure that water ingress will not be a problem.
Moulded in TPE, the sensing portion is 5mm dia. x 20mm long and is available in single or double-insulated formats. The double-insulated versions offer a dielectric strength up to 3.75kV.
- Suitable for continuous use from -50/+110°C, they can also be used to 125°C for periods of up to 3000 hours.
- Utilising one of our platinum RTD elements, we supply Pt100, Pt500 or Pt1000 class B sensors with an accuracy of ±0.15K.
- 4 wire Class A platinum sensors are available offering an even higher degree of accuracy.
- ATC Semitec SKTY Sensors & Linear PTC Elements
ATC Semitec’s SKTY series linear PTC sensing elements from ATC Semitec offer neat replacements for the once common KTY sensors. The SKTY sensor elements are mounted on a small 3mm x 6mm p.c.b. and are available with R25 values of 1kohm and 2kohm with ±1% tolerances.
- Operating temperature range -50°C/+150°C
- Fast response
- Steeper linear slopes of higher accuracy ±1% at 25°C
- Excellent long-term stability
- Linear Output
- SMD mounted on p.c.b.
SKTYs can also be supplied as IP68 rated moulded sensors (see above) with single or double-insulated leads. Other custom probe formats are also available as required.
To compliment our IP68 temperature sensors, a wide range of mounting options are available by employing integral or separate thermowell systems in stainless steel.
Please contact our technical sales team for further details.