- Temperature Sensors
- Thermal Cut-Outs
- Thermal Fuses
- Circuit Protection
SEFUSE Thermal Fuses
SEFUSE thermal fuses from Schott Corporation are one-time, non-resettable, temperature-sensitive devices that provides ultimate thermal protection in electrical or electronic circuits. These one-shot thermal fuses are mainly defined by their temperature setting but also by their current rating, which is the maximum continuous current that can be applied. They are designed to protect both industrial and consumer electrical equipment from overheating, and cutting off the electrical circuit immediately
Thermal fuses are ideal for protecting small household appliances such as coffee machines, electric irons, hair dryers and stylers, refrigerators and fan heaters. They also thermally protect battery packs and battery chargers, power supplies and automotive applications such as blower motors, fan speed dropper resistors and solenoids.
SEFUSE thermal cut-offs are highly reliable, offering a range of temperature ratings from 70°C to 240°C whilst handling loads up to 15A/250VAC. Our thermal fuses carry all major agency approvals such as BEAB, UL, CSA, VDE (to the latest IEC 60 691/EN 60 691 standards) helping speed your own product approval accordingly.
How do Sefuse® thermal fuses work?
- Sefuse offer a simple cost-effective solution for thermal temperature management, with a fusible alloy inside an insulated case.
- SF range -housed within a metal casing, the thermal pellet responds to abnormal high temperatures and triggers the cut-off function, as shown in the diagram below.
- The Sefuse SM range operates using a fusible ceramic case, which enables it to be fixed directly to where the temperature monitoring is required.
Call us today on 01606 871680 to discuss your application’s thermal sensor requirements. Using our extensive technical knowledge and innovative supplier base, we will work with you to provide the optimum solution for your product.
- SEFUSE SF-R One Shot Thermal Fuse
The Sefuse SF-R is a small metal bodied one shot thermal fuse.
They offer a high Tm rating for improved product protection, with quick response times. Large rated current of 15A /250VACSEFUSE SFH-R Ultra Reliable One Shot Thermal Fuses
• Ultra reliable one shot thermal fuse
• Higher than normal Tm rating for improved product protection
• Small fuse body: 4 x 8.5mm
• Temp range 110°C to 176°C
• Excellent insulation performance at high temperatures
• Rating: 15A/250VACSEFUSE SM-A Ceramic One Shot Thermal Fuses
• General Purpose One Shot Thermal Fuse
• Isolated Ceramic Fuse Body: 2.5 x 9mm long
• Temperature Range: 72°C to 225°C
• Maximum Rating: 2A/250VAC (also 50VDC ratings)
• Stock Fuses: SM072A0, SM082A0, SM092A0, SM110A0. SM125AO, SM137A0, SM146A0. SM150AO, SM164A0, SM182A0, SM225A0SEFUSE SM-B Small Ceramic Thermal Fuses
• Smaller diameter one shot thermal fuse
• Ceramic Fuse body: 2 x 6mm
• As ceramic acts as insulator, SM-type can be fixed directly to where most effective.
• Temp range; 82°C to 225°C
• Rating: 1A/250VAC
• Stock Fuses: SM082B0, SM092BO, SM110B0, SM125B0, SM137B0, SM146B0, SM150B0SEFUSE SF-K Slim Thermal Fuses
• Slimmest one shot thermal fuse diameter within SF range.
• Slim metal fuse body: 3 x 7.5mm
• Temp range: 73°C to 216°C
• Rating: 10A/250VAC
• Stock Fuses: SF70K, SF90K, SF96K, SF214KSEFUSE D6SC Ultra Thin SMD Battery Logic Fuse
• Ideal for protecting smartphone, tablet, notebook and cordless power tool Li-ion batteries
• Miniature space-saving surface mount logic fuse with built-in resistor
• Ultra-thin fuse body: <1mm thin, 3 x 4mm land area
• Ratings: 12A & 15A (20A, 30A, 45A and 60A versions also now available)SEFUSE® SEREB Miniature Battery Protection
SEFUSE® SEREB are a range of miniature battery protection devices for use with Li-ion cells and other battery technologies.
SEREB miniature thermal circuit-breakers are self-latching (i.e. non self-resetting) responding to both over-current and over-temperature cell conditions. The SEREB SB protector operates via a small bimetal thermal element that heats up, opens circuit and is then kept open by a miniature PTC heating element. The SB battery cut-out will only reset once the battery fault is removed.
Only 1 mm thick and with 5 calibrations ranging from 72°C to 90°C, the SEREB SB series can be fine-tuned to offer critical thermal protection for rechargeable and primary battery applications.