- Temperature Sensors
- Thermal Cut-Outs
- Thermal Fuses
- Circuit Protection
Temperature Sensors for E-Vehicles
Our range of surface temperature sensors are a versatile lot and are used across a number of different industries. Some of our more interesting projects include those within the e-vehicle and medical device markets, where they are also used as temperature compensation devices.
These e-vehicle battery sensors need to be small, accurate, robust and fast responding, and our wide range of surface temperature sensors cover all these key parameters and more.
For more information or discuss which temperature sensor may be the most suitable for your application, please call our technical sales team on 01606 871680
- Semitec AT-4 HIgh Accuracy Lead Wire NTC Thermistors
Semitec AT-4 thermistors have flexible, PVC insulated lead-wires and so they offer all the technical benefits of the AT-2 ntc thermistor and also help to simplify the battery assembly process.
There are two main wire gauges available (30AWG or 26AWG) with the following 10kohm versions readily available from stock;
103AT-4-70374 (50mm 30AWG PVC leads)
103AT-4-70261 (100mm 30AWG PVC leads)
103AT-4-10228 (150mm 30AWG PVC leads)
103AT-4-61046 (175mm 26AWG PVC leads)
Call us to discuss any specific requirements.ATC Semitec SM Miniature SMD NTC Thermistor
Semitec 103AT-11 IP67 NTC Temperature Sensors
- Extremely small 0805, 0603, 0402, 0201
- Operating range -40°C/+125°C
- Re-flow soldering
- Extended range of sizes, and R25 values
Semitec AT-11 thermistor sensors are TPE encapsulated sensors suitable for temperatures from -50°C/+110°C, and offers excellent and accurate low-cost solution for general temperature sensing applications.
- Fast response to thermal change – sensing portion 5mm x 6mm x 15mm
- Sensor tip is sealed to the lead wires during the moulding process to ensure IP67 integrity – can be used where moisture ingress is normally a problem
- Insulation strength to 3.75kV
- Uses our highly reliable 103AT-2 thermistor (accuracy ±0.3°C at 25°C)
- Other R25/B value combinations using our AT-2 and AP-2 series thermistors are also available for volume applications
Available from stock is the standard 600mm long 103AT-11, as well as 1.5m and 3m long versions.Semitec JT Ultra-Thin Flexible Film NTC Thermistor
Semitec’s JT series of thermistors are ultra-thin flexible film NTCs that give a very fast response to temperature change. Whilst increasingly used within medical device applications, it is a versatile thermistor which is used within battery packs, mobile devices and surface/air temperature sensors.
- One of thinnest available worldwide -less than 0.5mm thick.
- Laminated within 2 polymer layers – flexible yet resilient.
- Operating range -50°C/+125°C
- Very fast response times.
- Standard R25 values are 10kohms and 100kohms with lengths of 25mm, 50mm, 75mm and 100mm.
Stock parts include : 103JT-025, 103JT-050, 104JT-025 and 104JT-050.ATC Semitec STS2 Ring Terminal Temperature Sensors
Ring terminal temperature sensors available in plastic, metal or metal/plastic.
Typical applications include for use in electric vehicles, rechargeable batteries, power components, heat-sinks, and hot water appliances etc.
ATC Semitec IP68 Waterproof Temperature Sensors
- Fast response (Tcs≤ 5s)
- Accuracy ±1% or better
- Operating range -50°C/+150°C
- Interchangeability between NTCs
- Excellent long term reliability.
Where an even higher water-proof integrity is required, our ATC semitec IP68 sensors ensure that water ingress will not be a problem.
Semitec STS3 Thin Flexible Film Temperature Sensor
- Moulded in TPE, the sensing portion is 5mm dia. x 20mm long.
- Available in single or double-insulated formats.
- Double-insulated versions offer an isolation of up to 3.75kV
- Suitable for continuous use from -50/+110°C, they can also tolerate 125°C for periods up to 3000 hours.
- By utilising any of our AP, AT, ET, NT or SP series thermistors, a very wide range of resistances and B values can be offered with temperature accuracies as little as ±0.15°C
A flexible JT film thermistor assembly from Semitec fitted with lead-wires and connector.
This versatile temperature sensor is ideal for air-sensing, particularly for use in fire alarms and heat detectors, component and battery monitoring, rechargeable batteries and medical sensors.
Platinum Pt100, Pt500, and Pt1000 RTD Elements
- Fast response design (Tc ≤ 1s)
- High accuracy ±1%
- Flexible sensing tip
- Interchangeability between NTCs
- Operating range up to -40°C /+125°C
ATC Semitec’s SPT range of thin-film 2-wire platinum sensors are some of the smallest RTD elements available and conform to DIN EN 60751 (IEC 751).
- Based on a 2mm x 2mm x 0.8mm ceramic substrate, Pt100, Pt500 or Pt1000 sensor elements are laser-trimmed for high accuracy and sealed in glass to ensure complete integrity.
- Highly stable and suitable for use up to 500°C (Class B) or 300°C (Class A).
- Cryogenic class B versions suitable for use down to -196°C are also available.
- R0 values of 100ohms, 500ohms and 1000ohms are stock items with Class A and B tolerances.
- 2mm x 10mm long versions also available where a longer sensing element is desirable.